Dr. Michael Britt keeps up to date on current psychology through video and podcasts. The Psych Files is a Psychology podcast hosted by Michael A. Britt, Ph.D. The Psych Files is aimed at anyone curious about human behavior, though students taking a course in psychology, those majoring in psychology, and instructors of psychology will find the podcast particularly of interest.
Some facts about the podcast:
- The premier academic Psychology Podcast since January 2007.
- Always in the top 10 of the iTunes Higher Education category.
- Each episode is downloaded more than 20,000 times.
- Over 4,500 episodes are downloaded every day. Total downloads for all the episodes are over 9 million worldwide.
- This website is linked to by thousands of high schools, colleges and universities around the world.
- Typical listeners are college students and their professors, critical thinkers and life-long learners.
- There are currently 7 apps in the Apple app store and 3 in the Google Android market which have grown out of the work here on this podcast.
Ken Pope, Ph.D., ABPP, has set up this site to provides free access articles from journals such as American Psychologist, Clinical Psychology: Science & Practice; Psychology, Public Policy, & Law; and Professional Psychology: Research & Practice, among others — as well as the complete book titled Children, Ethics, & the Law.
It also links to licensing agencies in Canada and the United States, ethics codes, informed consent; forensic assessment checklists and more!
Behavior Online was just recently relaunched in 2013. It wants to be the main website for professionals in the mental health field. There are many different trusted contributors on the website, from Dr. John Grohol to Jefferey Zeig. There are forums and a RSS feed for those who are interested. There are discussions on emotions, therapy, and neuropsychology. A great site to visit and one well worth staying at!
The World Association of Psychoanalysis (WAP) is a societal-organizational website for those who are interested in and heavily influenced by psychoanalysis. The WAP is working on a Members Area, and already have a Local Directory created.
Also included within this huge site is different videos, publications and news. There are also different symposiums and conferences from many different countries. Speaking of these different countries, the WAP has FIVE different translations available: English, Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese.
While the copyright of the website started in 2008, it does appear some of the information does need to be updated, such as some of the translations are not copied over to the correct language, and the Members Area is not complete, but it does look like work is being done and there appears to be a plethora of information available as it is.