The association has the following goals:
– to further cooperation between associations, organizations, institutions and individuals on an international level, in the field of person-centered, client-centered and experiential psychotherapy and counseling;
– to support/facilitate person-centered and experiential associations, organizations, institutions and individuals in their work;
– to promote person-centered and experiential perspectives and to support and encourage the scientific study as well as the improvement of practice, specifically in the field of psychotherapy and counseling;
– to engage in socio-political processes to ensure the continued contribution of the paradigm in health, education, academic contexts etc.;
– to exchange ideas with other psycho-therapeutic orientations and to stimulate cooperation in the field of psychotherapy and counseling;
– to have a commitment to the organization and support of international conferences, in particular the World Conference for Person-Centered and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counseling (abbreviated as PCE Conference, formerly ICCCEP) and possible future developments of it;
– to produce a high-quality journal and to foster the exchange of research, theory and practice among language groups through existing journals and other means.