- Promotes professional and public awareness of anxiety, depression, and related disorders and their impact on people’s lives.
- Encourages the advancement of scientific knowledge about causes and treatment of anxiety, depression, and related disorders.
- Links people who need treatment with the health care professionals who provide it.
- Helps people find appropriate treatment and develop self-help skills.
- Works to reduce the stigma surrounding anxiety, depression, and related disorders.
You can help others, find help for your depression or anxiety issues, learn how to better manage your disorder, and join the ADAA. To have a voice with others is not to be alone with your anxiety and depression.